Tell PM Trudeau: Status for All Without Exclusions!
Full Immigration Status for All
What is Full Immigration Status for All?
Canadian immigration policy divides us into two categories: those that arrive with permanent immigration status, and those that don’t. Those who don’t are largely racialized and low-waged. We are workers, students, refugees and families. The immigration system is built to keep most of us temporary, even though our homes, families, communities, and livelihoods are here. This forces hundreds of thousands to become undocumented. Without full immigration status, we are denied healthcare, decent work, and emergency support in times of crisis. We are separated from our families. Full Immigration Status for All is a call for equal rights for all of us.
What are the demands?
- The Migrant Rights Network was launched on December 18, 2018 with a platform for racial, economic and climate justice for all people regardless of immigration status. We don’t want tinkering. We need a comprehensive transformation.
- Our campaign for Full Immigration Status for All calls for a regularization program. Call PM Trudeau today!
- In the context of COVID-19, we need immediate crisis response that ensures migrants are not left behind. Read and sign our petition about COVID-19 here.
Why should I join in?
Our way out of this crisis – and the on-going crises of racism, capitalism and militarism – is by ensuring our communities are permanently organized. We must build our power to push back against the billionaires who are profiting from our poverty now, and will try to impose austerity on us in the future. From Laval, Quebec, where migrants organized hunger strikes in detention centres, to farm workers in Niagara, Ontario, who marched on their bosses while in quarantine, to workers at JBS meat processing in Brooks, Alberta, who refused to work in unsafe conditions, to migrant sex workers standing up to police harassment – we are organizing ourselves. But to change everything, we need everyone. Join in the struggle Status for All!
How do I get involved?
- Scroll up to call Trudeau and your MP right now!
- If you are part of an organization, issue a solidarity statement.
- If you are able to, please donate to support our work.
Who is the Migrant Rights Network?
We are a cross-country network of migrant workers, undocumented people, migrant students and allies coming together to build our power. We build organizations for migrants to fight for ourselves. See our list of members here and join us. Our call for Full Immigration Status for All is part of our response to COVID-19, which has been endorsed by dozens of organizations, listed at the bottom of this page here.