TAKE ACTION TODAY!
On June 20th, Father’s Day / World Refugee Day, wherever you are, gather with friends, family, co-workers and comrades and call for permanent resident status for all migrants, including refugees, students, workers & undocumented people.
- VANCOUVER: June 20, 10am, CBC Plaza.
- TORONTO: June 20, 1pm, IRB, 74 Victoria Street, March to City Hall
- SUDBURY: June 20, 1pm, MP Marc Serrée Constituency office. 2914 Hwy 69 N, Unit 1, Val Caron
- WINNIPEG: June 20, 4pm, Drive-by starting at the Legislative Grounds, 450 Broadway
- Make a call to PM Trudeau: Tell him to ensure full and permanent immigration status for all without exception: www.MigrantRights.ca/CallforStatus
- Post a message to PM Justin Trudeau: Unite All Families! Status for All!. Make sure to tag @MigrantRightsCA.
In your neighbourhood:
- PUT UP POSTERS: Download these beautiful posters and put them up in your window!
- DISTRIBUTE FLYERS: Give them to your neighbours!
WHY WE ARE TAKING ACTION:
It has been a year since we launched our call for full and permanent immigration status for all, and we have pushed the federal government to create immigration pathways that have resulted in status for some. But the vast majority of working class, racialized and particularly undocumented people are shut out of permanent resident status. As a result, we are without income support, workplace rights and even access to healthcare in a pandemic. We live under threat of deportation.
Earlier in May, the federal government created a path for 90,000 people to apply for permanent resident status. Prime Minister Trudeau’s government now says that they have done enough. Migrants and allies must take swift action across the country to call for Status for All. The door has been opened a crack, we must push to make space for all of us.