COVID-19 doesn’t pick or choose, but laws and policies do. As a result, it’s Indigenous, Black and Brown communities, poor people, women, the elderly, and migrants that are worse impacted.
Everyone deserves rights, dignity and protection. But the federal government has announced a new permanent residency program for essential workers that excludes most migrants. Families will remain separated, and the threat of deportations and being ripped out of communities we have built here remains hanging on all of us without permanent resident status.
This program was created because migrants organized, and allies joined us. We must push harder.
On May 9th, Mother’s Day, join an action near you or organize your own, or take action on social media.
WHEREVER YOU ARE, YOUR ACTIONS WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
- Make a call to PM Trudeau: Tell him to ensure full and permanent immigration status for all without exception: www.MigrantRights.ca/CallforStatus
ONLINE ON MAY 9
- Before or on Mother’s Day 2021, May 9th, take a photo with your family and post a message to Justin Trudeau: Unite All Families! Status for All!
- Tag and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
IN YOUR CITY
- Montreal: 2pm, Riding Office of Justin Trudeau, 1100 Crémazie East
- Vancouver: 11am, MP Harjit Sajjan’s constituency office, 6406 Victoria Drive
- Organize a COVID-19 safe rally, picket, march, postering or banner drop in your community. Check out what other cities did for previous days of action, and then get in touch with us at email@example.com for more resources.
IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
- PUT UP POSTERS: Download these beautiful posters and put them up in your window!
- DISTRIBUTE FLYERS: Give them to your neighbours!