COVID-19 continues to spread, but support and services for essential migrants are missing. Migrant workers, students, refugees, undocumented people, sex workers and others are being turned away from healthcare, emergency income supports, decent work, and other basic services at a time when we need it the most. Fees for education and other services are incredibly high. We need to build a fair society with equal rights and that means FULL & PERMANENT IMMIGRATION STATUS FOR ALL.
On November 1, 2020 – give thanks, and take action with migrants for justice. Speak out on social media. Organize a local action. Remember the dead, fight like hell for the living.
Wherever you are, you can make a difference!
ACTIONS CONFIRMED (Check back here often, more added often)
- TORONTO, 5pm-8pm, Dufferin Grove
- NIAGARA, 7:30pm, Facebook Live
- POST A PHOTO OR VIDEO ON SOCIAL MEDIA ON NOV 1: Share your support for #StatusforAll Right Now!
- SIGN THIS OPEN LETTER: Over 350 organizations have joined the call for Status for All!
- MAKE A PHONE CALL: Tell PM Trudeau and your MP to ensure full immigration status for all!
IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
- PUT UP POSTERS: Download these beautiful posters and put them up in your window!
- DISTRIBUTE FLYERS: Give them to your neighbours!
ORGANIZE AN ACTION
- Organize a COVID-19 safe rally, picket, march, postering or banner drop in your community.
- Check out what other cities did for our last day of action, and then get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more resources.